I am a human-centered product design leader with over 20 years of experience building and leading high functioning teams. I have a passion for humans and their experiences navigating the world. I have a proven track record of turning complexity into inclusive solutions that solve human problems. I follow a whole team radically collaborative product development process.
- Team Builder
- Critical Thinker
- User Research
- Journey Mapping
- Mental Models
- Inclusive Design
- Systems Thinking
- Service Design
- Sketching and Storyboarding
- Design Systems
- Simplifying Complexity
- Whole Team Collaboration
- Human-Centered Design
- Workshop Facilitation
- Design Thinking
- Agile/Lean UX/SAFe
Senior UX Manager
CDK Global in Austin, TX | June 2019 - current
- Lead and managed a 12 person design system team through a 1-year project to replace the company’s failing design system. The new design system strategy is based on best practices, is WCAG 2.1 AA compliant and bridges the knowledge gap between designer and developer.
- Product manager of two front-end internal products used to deliver a unified experience. Responsible for writing stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and maintaining a prioritized roadmap to meet adopting product teams’ business timelines for feature functionality.
- Program manager of the CDK’s Design, Research, and Analytics Operations that is responsible for defining the craft, and processes of product user research and design. The DesOps team facilitates Design Thinking workshops, maintaining tools and helping teams.
Associate Professor of User Experience
Austin Community College in Austin, TX | May 2015 – June 2020
- Established a user-centered product development process of collaboration, user research, personas, design iteration and design testing before product development.
- Iteratively design user-centered wireframes and prototypes to define, test, and communicate the expected user outcomes to the team.
Cox Automotive in Austin, TX | August 2018 - June 2019
- Evangelized a human-centered product development process by building collaborative relationships across three product teams, multiple subject matter experts, and stakeholders so that all decision-makers understand and empathize with real-world users and their experiences.
- Introduced user research methods such as personas, persona family, journey maps, team empathy map workshops, usability, and design testing to ensure that product features were useful, usable, and desirable.
- Lead the cross-functional teams through a transformation from feature/technology-driven product development to a human-centered development using personas, journey maps, and Storytelling.
Director of Product Design
Compeat in Austin, TX | April 2018 – July 2018
- Lead the product teams through the transition of the industry-leading accounting product from thick client to SaaS product.
- Directed the work of the design team working on five parallel products so that work was prioritized and delivered to development so that client promised deadlines were maintained.
Senior UX Designer/Design Manager
IBM in Austin, TX | August 2014 – April 2018
- Built and led high functioning product teams through the definition and design of products that were useful and usable for users, business viable, and technically feasible. The resulting products save users time, reduced infrastructure and support costs, and increased application engagement/sales.
- Translating complex data science and machine learning processes into an experience that a non-technical user can use to achieve similar, repeatable results from their own data.
- Lead design strategy by evaluating billion-dollar competitive products and markets, interviewing stakeholders, and users to validate the market viability of product concepts before investing millions of dollars and years to take a concept to market.
- Directed the product design of Watson for Patient Safety so that consistency and accuracy of adverse events processing went from weeks to days and users-built trust in machine learning and natural languages technologies over time.
- Lead the redesign of Watson for Drug Discovery that reduced gene discovery from 18 months to 2 weeks and enabled microbiologists to complete their work without dependencies.
Interaction and Visual Senior Designer
Dell in Round Rock, TX | August 2011 – August 2014
- Partnering with product teams to design solutions that demystify and simplify the complexity of managing and maintaining IT Infrastructure, Thin Clients, and Servers.
- Managing the discovery phase and creative process to ensure that scrum teams are supported with the design direction and user testing during implementation.
- Discovered product workflow failures during user research that proved the value of human-centered design. This influenced the executive team to adopt human-centered design across the business unit.
- Collaborated across divisions to create Dell’s product design system which included design principles, guidelines, examples, and code.
eCommerce Web Designer II
Sprint in Overland Park, Kansas | October 2007 – August 2011
- Responsible for collaborating across the team to translate business and shoppers needs into workflows, wireframes and visual designs that removed complexity barriers.
- Lead the visual redesign of the ecommerce consumer experience.
Master of Arts in Interaction Design - University of Kansas in May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design - Kansas Wesleyan University in June, 1993
Cox Automotive Strategic Acceleration Award - 2018
IBM Business Technology Leadership Award - 2016
IBM Teamwork Award for Watson for Drug Discovery Release - 2015
First Place Team Design Kansas City Design Week - 2009
D2W: Designer/Developer/Mobile Workflow Conference, 2013 – “The Butterfly Effect of Engineering on UX Workflow, Deliverables and Engagement.”
UXPA Austin, January 2015 – Design Thinking Workshop in 90 minutes
UXPA Austin, June 2016 – Design Portfolio Panel from a Hiring Managers Perspective